Saturday 18 October 2014

He finds her in his bathtub


In one sentence is the spark of a story. Ignite.

Mission: Write a story, a description, a poem, a metaphor, a commentary, or a memory about this sentence. Write something about this sentence.

Be sure to tag writeworld in your block!
http://writeworld.tumblr.com/post/98325985327/he-finds-her-in-his-bathtub-buried-under-twenty-seven
Weird prompt, so it went weird places... that's my excuse and I am sticking to it. So there.
~~~~~~
He found her in his bathtub, buried under twenty-seven frozen pizzas. “Huh,” he said. He didn’t know he owned twenty-seven frozen pizzas.
He crouched down next to the tub. “What are you doing?” he asked.
“Keeping cool.”
He thought about that for a minute. “You’ll smell like salami.”
“So?”
“You’ll have to scrub it out... to get rid of the scent,” he added.
“You like salami.”
“Yeah... but.” He had a vivid image of licking her skin and her tasting like salami. He cleared his throat. Doing that would probably warm her up, not cool her down. “Why do you need to keep cool?”
“I feel strange.”
“Strange?” he checked.
Her face twisted where it peeked out from between the boxes. “As if I will... catch on fire.”
“Okay,” he agreed. He wasn’t sure what else to say. His life had been very interesting since she had started living with him and he adored it. “Why pizzas?”
“It was all you had in your freezer.”
He made a face. “Really? I didn’t know I had so many.”
“Why do you? Have so many, I mean.”
“I don’t know. I guess I buy a few when they are on special and then I only eat one.”
“I’m glad,” she said. “Otherwise I wouldn’t have enough.”
“I’m glad you have enough, I wouldn’t want you to be burnt up.”
“Thank you,” she said with dignity. Tricky, given she was still hiding under the pizzas.
He yawned. “When you’re ready, and all cooled down, why don’t you come to bed?”
“Sure. Do I need to shower?”
“Not unless you want to.” He grinned at her.
“I knew you liked pizzas.”
“Got enough of them... maybe we should stock up on ice-”
She looked worried.
He brushed the end of her nose with one finger. “- for next time.”
She smiled at him, pleased to know that he wasn’t upset and encouraged that he thought there would be a next time.
~~~~
© AM Gray 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment