Tuesday 19 April 2016

Over-commitment update


I swear I am such a dag (aussie word for fool or idiot in an embarrassing way?)
I have never failed nanowrimo and I am certainly not going to do it this month. So after a few days of almost flat-lining, I have written 13k words in three days. Now the site tells me I need to write 2,300 words a day rather than the usual 1,667 to finish on time.
Meh, I can do that. (Watch me fall on my face.)
The other projects?  According to my spreadsheet I have written 45k words so far this month. The 500 words a day one is behind.
And, the haunted house fic now has 70k words. I did lose a whole day when kid 3 and I piled in the car and we drove south to scope out the random small town I had chosen. A good three hours’ drive from our place on freeways at 110 kmph and still three hours away.
It seems that it was not so random. It’s funny how we choose something from a map or off a list and it is only later that our brain connects the dots on why we chose that particular thing. If I remember rightly, and as I remember it NOW, when my mother finished teacher training her first job was in the tiny town of Laggan, NSW at the one teacher school. There she met my father who had grown up in Crookwell, the nearest small town.
And this was the area that I ‘randomly’ chose… Yeah, right.
Thanks for that, brain.






No comments:

Post a Comment